I've been mostly fixing and improving the RC1 version of Slax. I would like to thank to everybody who tested it and provided valuable feedback. Thanks to you, Slax can be always better than before.
The boot installer script has been fixed and updated. One of the most common problem (as it seems to me) nowadays is the strange behavior of some automounting programs, such as udisks, which mount FAT filesystem with showexec parameter. Due to that, only files with windows extensions (BAT, COM, EXE) are treated as executable. To make it simpler, I managed to write bootinst.bat script so it executes in both Linux and Windows. This should make things easier.
I've added ModemManager and related dependencies, including broadband provider info data, so it should be now easier to connect to the internet using a modem. This was heavily requested by the users, I didn't realize how many people use modem internet connection.
KDE desktop was updated to the latest stable version 4.9.3.
When Slax reboots or shuts down, it now automatically ejects CD (in case it was actually started from it), so the user can remove the medium before the actual shutdown. Busybox's eject command has probably no support for newer CDROM devices or the SATA interface, I don't really know. So I had to statically compile 'eject' command as external binary from sources, and this eject works just fine. If you're running Slax from USB drive then it doesn't (shouldn't!) eject any CD, of course :)
Finally, some of the missing or broken dependencies were fixed, so Flash Player now works in FireFox (missing libcurl and libldap was added), KDE can mount Windows shares (missing libsmbclient was added), and FireFox is no longer missing libnotify.